How to Adjust a Faucet Mixer Valve01 April 2014
A faucet mixer valve mixes hot and cold water together to provide users with a consistent water temperature coming out of the spout. The resulting temperature of the water will rely on how well the faucet mixer valve combines the incoming hot and cold water. In some houses, the mix is uneven resulting in hot water overly hot and the cold water freezing cold. Being able to adjust the setting on the faucet mixer valve will help you achieve the right faucet water temperature based on the prevailing climate temperature and your specific water temperature requirement.
Many of us have had the bad experience of being scalded with hot water while using the faucet when another person uses the shower or flushes the toilet. That is the reason why a lot of shower faucets today come with pressure balancing valves. These faucet mixer valves automatically make the necessary adjustment when there is a sudden lack of hot water to keep the temperature consistent. Some faucets, aside from being equipped with these types of valves, also have a built-in temperature regulator that needs to be adjusted depending on your preference especially when the climate changes.
There are many ways to adjust a faucet mixer valve depending on your faucet model.
- Check the handle and see if it has a cover on the front that permits direct access to the temperature limiter. In some designs, the limiter may sometimes be located on the side of the handle. Wherever it is, the handle controls volume and the limiter controls temperature.
- Close the water valves on the pipes that lead to the faucet. Most likely, there is a tub faucet valve in the shower wall which can be accessed through a panel. If there are no panels, you can just turn off the main water line. Look for sink faucet valves underneath the sink.
- Use a flat-head screwdriver to take off the cover. If you want to increase the temperature, you have to rotate the limiter clockwise and vice versa if you want to reduce it.
- Remove the handle of the faucet by undoing the set screw on top of the handle and sliding it off. There are set screws that can be found on the side of the handle, while others are under a cap on top of the handle. You need to remove the cap to have access to the screw.
- Remove the handle to change the maximum temperature on a faucet with a handle that controls both temperature and volume. The limiter is either inside the valve casing or attached to the valve stem.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO