The Science Behind Anti-Scald Tapware: How it Works to Protect You17 May 2023
Anti-scald tapware is a special type of faucet that prevents scalding. It can be installed in your home to prevent you or your loved ones from getting burned by hot water, especially if you have children or elderly family members who may not be able to adjust the temperature of their bathwater on their own. Anti-scald tapware works by sensing when someone turns on the faucet and adjusting its temperature accordingly so that it never gets too hot for them. This feature makes it easier for everyone in your household to use, which means less risk of getting burned while taking baths or showers.
How Does Anti-Scald Tapware Work?
The following are some of the most common types of anti-scald devices and how each works:
• Thermostatic mixing valves. These devices mix cold and hot water to maintain a constant temperature in your shower or bathtub. They’re usually installed at the base of your plumbing system, and they can be adjusted to meet your needs by turning a dial on the valve body.
• Adjustable temperature limiters (ATL). If you don’t want to install a thermostatic mixing valve but still want protection against scalding, an adjustable temperature limiter may be the right option for you. ATLs can be set anywhere between 100 and 120 degrees Fahrenheit (38-49 degrees Celsius), which means that if someone turns on too much hot water without realising it, there will be some protection against burns from reaching dangerous levels because all of this extra heat gets turned off automatically by these devices before reaching its maximum capacity and without affecting other areas where people might need hotter temperatures such as dishwashers or laundry machines.
• Temperature limiting valves (TLVs). These work similarly to ATLs, except they come with pre-set limits, so there’s no need for any adjustments once installed properly.
Installation of Anti-Scald Tapware
Anti-scald tapware is easy to install. Here are the steps:
• The location of the bathroom sinks or bathtub is important. You should choose a place with enough space for installing anti-scald tapware. If you want to install it on your own, you can use tools like screwdrivers and wrenches, but if you don’t know how to do it yourself, hire a plumber to help you with this task.
• Materials required for installation include anti-scald taps, pipe fittings (elbows), pipes, etc., available at any hardware store near your house or online stores, depending on what type of product you want. For example, you need copper pipes if you talk about a hot water supply line. In contrast, a cold water supply line requires PVC Pipes etc., so always keep these things in mind before buying any material from any store mentioned above because not all materials available there will be suitable for all types of taps available out there in the market today.
So, now that you know how anti-scald tapware works to protect you, it’s time to make sure that your home is protected from scalding water. You can also enjoy all the advantages of anti-scald tapware for you and your loved ones. If you’re looking for high-quality anti-scald tapware, consider checking out Mixermate Australia. We offer a range of affordable and reliable anti-scald mixer taps that are easy to install and maintain. With us, you can rest assured that you’re making a smart purchase. Contact us today.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO